Activities of Environment Awareness Club for the session 2019-20:
In-charge: Dr. Divya Jain
The Van Mahotsav was celebrated on 28-Jul-2019. Plantation Drive, Making of Soda Bottle Bioreactor, Treasure Out of Trash Competition and Planter Making Competitions were organized. Competitions like Skit, Eco-Quiz ,Caption Writing, Treasure Hunt and Plantation Drive was organized on the occasion of “Eco- Fest 2019” on 17-Sep-2019. A Pledge to save environment was taken by all the members of the association.
Activities of Environment Awareness Club for the session 2018-19:
Organised a multi activity event Eco-Fest 2018 on 19-Sep-2018. A number of activities like Quiz, Skit, Eco-Pledge, Reusable bag designing, Short story writing, Plantation drive and caption contest were organized. More than 120 students participated in this event.
|S. No.||Date||Name of Event||Results|
|1.||19-Sep-2018||Short story Writing||Ist- Position- Anjali Sharma (B.Sc.II Med.) 2nd Position-Unnati Walia (B.Sc.III Biotech.) 3rd Position- Rimpy (BCA-II)|
|2.||SD got Talent||Ist- Position- Aditi (B.Sc.I.Med.) 2nd Position-Muskan (B.Sc.I Med.) 3rd Position- Dimple (B.Sc.-III)|
|Ist- Position- Sonia (B.Sc.III Med.) 2nd Position- Bhagyashree (B.Sc.III Biotech.) 3rd Position- Sneha (B.Sc.-III Med.)|
|4.||Caption Contest||Ist- Position- Shivsi Handa (M.Com.Final.) 2nd Position-Bhavya Gulati (B.Sc.III Med.) 3rd Position- Shivani Sharma (B.Sc.-III)|
|5.||Eco-Quiz||Ist –Position-Team Darwin: Akhilesh(B.Sc.III Med.) Kapil (B.Sc.III Med.)|
Aditi (B.Sc.III Med.)
Activities of Life-Science Association and Environment Awareness Club during the session 2017-18
Teachers In-charge: Dr. Divya Jain, Ms. Zeenat Madan and Mr. Sumit Chhibber
• A guest lecture on ‘Waste Segregation at Source’ was delivered by Mr. Suraj Nand Kumar, Director, RECITY Network on 04-Aug-2017.
• A ‘Plantation Drive’ in the college campus was conducted on 21-Aug-2017.
• A multi-activity event ‘Save Environment, Save Life’ Campaign was organised on 01-Sep-2017 and during this campaign, many competitions like “Plantation Drive, PPT Presentation, Caption and Poster Making Competition, Composting of Kitchen and Garden Waste in Plastic Bottles and Best Out of Waste” were conducted
• A multi-activity fest ‘Eco-Fest’ was organized on 16-Sep-2017 (World Ozone Day) and during this fest, activities like Eco-Pledge, Skit, Poster and Slogan Writing, Eco-Quiz, Installation of Colour-Coded Dustbins and Plantation Drive were conducted.
• 4 students of B.Sc. III Biotechnology presented Botany and Zoology Models in Inter-District Science Exhibition held at DAV College, Ambala City on 06 & 07-Oct-2017 and won second prize in Botany.
• A Local Plant Identification and Collection Drive in Ambala region was conducted on 06-Nov-2017.
• A multi-activity fest ‘Science-Fest 2K18’ was organized on 19-Mar-2018 in which activities like Quiz, Slogan Writing, PPT Presentation, Rangoli, Nutrifacts, Hemoglobin and Blood Group Testing camp was organized.
• Zoological Excursion to Jim Corbett National Park, Nainital was taken on 27& 28-Mar-2018.