Department Contact Details
|Dr. Divya Jain||M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D.|
|Mr. Sumit Chibber||M.Sc.|
|Course(s)/Subject(s) Offered: |
|Botany in B.Sc.I,II,III|
Name of the Teacher Incharge: Mr. Sumit Chhibber
Following activities were organized under the guidance of Dr. Divya Jain, Mr Sumit Chhibber, Ms. Zeenat Madan and Dr. Sonia Batra:
- Members of the association planted medicinal plants and set up Vertical Garden from Plastic bottles in the college on 01-Aug-2016.
- Botanical Excursions to Mussoorie on 10-Sep-2016 and in Ambala on 02-Mar-2017.
- ‘ECOFEST’ on 16-Sep-2016. 200 students pledged for a clean and green campus and Installed colour coded dustbins. Cleanliness and Awareness Drive, Logo Making, Pot Making from waste material, Plantation Drive, Skit, Tag Line, Poster Making, Tattoo Designing Competitions were conducted in the Eco Fest.
- Two students participated in the District level Science Exhibition held on 03-Feb-2017 at Government College, Ambala Cantt.
- A Two days workshop on “Plant & Microbial Biotechnology and Biochemistry” was held on 9-Feb-2017. Dr. Navneet Batra, Head, Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh acted as the resource person during the workshop.
- 20 students actively participated in the Biology Quiz organized on 28-Feb-2017.
- 50 students of B.Sc. II (Medical and Biotechnology) participated in the “Plant Identification and Collection Drive” held on 01-Mar-2017.
Activities of Life Science Association for the session 2018-19
- Organised a multi activity event Eco-Fest 2018 on 19-Sep-2018. A number of activities like Quiz, Skit, Eco-Pledge, Reusable bag designing, Short story writing, Plantation drive and caption contest were organized. More than 120 students participated in this event.
- Organised a Botanical excursion to Mussoorie and Dhanaulti from 30-Sept-2018 to 2-Oct-2018 for students of B.Sc. Medical and Biotech. More than 25 types of bryophytes and pteridophytes were collected by the students.