Department Contact Details
|Dr. Divya Jain||M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D.|
|Mr. Sumit Chibber||M.Sc.|
|Botany in Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
Incharges: Zeenat Madan and Sumit Chhibber
Organised Seminars/ Quiz/ Workshops/Lectures:
- Celebrated 72n Van Mahotsav on 25 July 2021. The volunteers connected online through the WebEx platform to listen to the Honourable Chief Minister of Haryana, Sh Manohar Lal Khattar who inaugurated this program by releasing a booklet on the occasion. After the online inaugural and speeches of the programme a tree plantation drive was held on the college campus. About 50 trees were planted on the college campus.
- Webinar on the occasion of World Nature Conservation Day on 28 July 2021 on the topic of “Biodiversity Conservation”. The resource persons of the webinar were Dr. Adarsh Pal Vig, Chairman, Punjab Pollution Control Board, and Dr. Kailash Chandra, the former Director of Zoological Survey of India.
- Van Mahotsav was celebrated by organizing a Plantation Drive in collaboration with the Rotary Club of Ambala on 04 Aug 2021.
- Seminar on “Atmanirbhar Haryana Aur Rozgaar Srijan” held on 08 Sept 2021 in collaboration with Swadeshi Jagran Manch.
- Workshop on Waste Management and Eco bricks formation on the occasion of World Ozone Day on 16 Sept 2021.
- A Webinar on Solid Waste Management under Swachh Bharat Mission in collaboration with Municipal Committee Ambala, Sadar was organized on 27 Sept 2021.
- A Training Programme on Leadership Skills was organized in collaboration with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Chandigarh on 21 Oct 2021.
- E-Waste Collection Drive was carried out on the college campus from 18 to 24. April 2022. E-Waste was collected and then handed over to the recycler and dismantler unit.
- A Rally on Swachh Bharat Swasth Bharat was organized to celebrate Earth Day on 22 April 2022 in the nearby areas of the college.
- An Extension Lecture was organized on the topic “Earth as Resource” to celebrate Earth Day on 23 April 2022. Dr. Dipti Grover, Assistant Professor, Institute of Environmental Studies, KUK was the Resource Person.
- Two students of B.Sc. Medical II year, Ayushi Batra and Yashdeep Kaur participated in the District Level Science Quiz competition sponsored by DGHE, Panchkula, and held at Govt. College Ambala Cantt on 14 Oct 2021.
- Four students of B.Sc. Medical III year, two from Botany (Lalitesh Saini and Anshika) and two from Zoology (Manvi and Ankita) prepared Botany and Zoology models and participated in DGHE sponsored Inter-District Science Exhibition held at AAA Govt. Collegem Panchkula on 23- 24 Nov 2021.
- Two students of B.Sc. Medical II year, Ayushi Batra and Yashdeep Kaur participated in the Zonal Level Science Quiz competition sponsored by DGHE, Panchkula held at Govt. College Ambala Cantt on 09 Dec 2021.
- Two students of B.Sc. Medical II year, Ayushi Batra and Yashdeep Kaur participated in the State Level Science Quiz competition sponsored by DGHE, Panchkula held at Pt. Neki Ram Sharma Govt. College Rohtak on 28 April 2022.
- Students of B.Sc. Medical II year participated in the Nature Walk held on 17 Feb 2022 to collect plant specimens for herbarium work.