Mr. Tajinder Singh
Ms. Zeenat Madan
Dr. Satbir Singh
- An online seminar on World Population Day was organized on 11/07/2020 in which 35 volunteers participated. In the webinar various deleterious effects of increasing population were discussed.
- World Nature Conservation Day was celebrated in collaboration with Zila Yuva Vikas Sanghthan on 28/07/2020. The campaign One Student One Tree was organized in which plantation was encouraged to nurture the nature. 135 participants from the state participated in this campaign.
- Independence Day was observed on 15/08/2020 in the college campus. 25 volunteers participated in parade and plantation was carried out in the campus.
- Sadbhavna Diwas was observed on 20/08/2020. The main activities were the distribution of masks, sanitizers in the rural areas.40 volunteers actively took part in this campaign to fight against Corona.
- On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, 02/10/2020, various activities were organized in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt of India. Webinar on “Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi” was organized in which Prof. Shatrughan Bhardwaj, Senior Faculty, MGNCRE, MHRD was the resource person. Stationery items were distributed by the volunteers to the needy children of their area. Total 58 volunteers took part in this.
- Pledge ceremony was organized on Jan Andolan Campaign on 12/10/2020. Total 65 faculty members took pledge regarding guidelines of COVID.
- Constitution Day of India was celebrated on 26/11/2020 by organizing webinar and taking pledge. 42 volunteers participated in the celebration.
- On 01/ Dec/2020 World AIDS Day was observed. An awareness lecture was organized to aware the volunteers about the causes, symptoms, precautions and treatment of AIDS. Ms. Zeenat Madan, Head, Dept. of Zoology, S. D. College, Ambala Cantt addressed the students.
- A National Webinar on “Solid Waste Management in Rural Areas” was organized on 04/12/2020 in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt. of India. W.G Prasanna Kumar, Chairman, MGNCRE was the Chief Guest. Prof. V.K Garg, Central University Bathinda and Prof. Shatrughan, Senior Faculty, MGNCRE were the resource persons. Total 152 participants all over the nation participated in this webinar.
- National Webinar on “Energy Conservation Practices” was organized in collaboration with HAREDA on occasion of Energy Conservation Day on 14/12/2020. Dr. Hanif Qureshi IPS, Director General, HAREDA was the Chief Guest. Mr. P.P.Mittal, A-Z EnergyEngineers Pvt Ltd was the resource person. 100 participants attended the webinar.
- Road Safety Workshop was organized in collaboration with Sunny Charitable Trust Ambala on 16/12/2020 in which awareness lectures were held and different activities related to road safety were carried out.
- National Webinar on “Pani ki Sanskriti” was organized in collaboration with Power Department (HPUs), Panchkula on 18/12/2020. Dr. Rajender Singh, Waterman of India was the resource person. 120 particpants took part in the webinar.
- Blood Donation Camp was organized on 23/12/2020 in collaboration with Blood Bank, Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt. Samta Sandhu, Social Activist, Chandigarh was the Chief Guest. 70 units of blood were collected. Poster and Slogan Making Competitions on Blood Donation were also held.
- National Webinar on “Understanding Gender Issues in India” was organized in collaboration with Kadam Foundation, Ambala on 29/12/2020. Ms. Namrata Gaur, Member, State Women Commission, Haryana was the Chief Guest. Prof. Savita Singh, Chairperson, School of Gender & Development Studies, IGNOU was the resource person. 115 participants attended the webinar.
- One Day Camp with the theme “Health, Hygiene & Sanitation” was organized on 24/01/2021. 105 volunteers participated in the camp. Cleanliness Drive, Plastic free campus, awareness lecture were the main activities during the camp.
- Road Safety Awareness Week was celebrated. The volunteers carried out a rally on Traffic rules and signs on 24/01/2021 to spread awareness about the road safety.
- Republic Day was observed on 26/01/2021 in which 25 volunteers took part the parade. Plantation was done in the college campus.
- Blood Donation Camp was organized in collaboration with PGIMER, Chandigarh on 18/02/2021. 60 units of blood were collected.
- 10 volunteers distributed the food and other eatables to old persons at Old Age Home, Apna Ghar, Ambala on 18/02/2021. They interacted with the persons and made them comfortable by spending some fun moments with them.
- International Women’s Day was celebrated in collaboration with Vijaylakshmi Foundation, Ambala. 25 volunteers participated in Mahvaari Bhoj to spread awareness about menstruation taboos and myths.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Camp was organized in collaboration with Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt. on 08/04/2021 in college campus. Covishield Vaccine was injected to about 300 persons.
- One Day Workshop on Fire and Disaster Management was organized with the support of Haryana Fire emergency services, Municipal Council, Sadar on 16/04/2021. Teaching and administrative staff of the college along with NSS and YRC volunteers attended the workshop.
- Earth Day was celebrated on 22/04/2021 in collaboration with Eco Roots Foundation, New Delhi. Workshop on Nest Creation and Microgreens was organized. Mr. Rakesh Khatri, Nestman of India was the resource person. 85 students participated in this workshop.
- Webinar on “Food- Health- Planet” was organized in collaboration with Vegan Outreach on 27/04/2021. 80 volunteers participated in this webinar in which the importance of vegan diet was discussed.
- Webinar on “COVID-19, Vaccines and Safety Considerations” was organized on 07/05/2021 under Awareness Campaign against COVID-19. Dr. Deepali Verma, Pharmacovigilance Scientist, Astrazeneca, UK. was the resource person. 250 participants attended the webinar and discussed about the vaccination.
- Webinar on “Composting and Vermicomposting” was organised on 17/05/2021 in which 152 participants took part. Prof. S.S Hundal, Dept. of Zoology, P.A.U, Ludhiana was the resource person who discussed in detail about the methods of vermicomposting.
- An online Workshop on “Psychosocial Counselling and Helper Skills” was organized in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt of India on 24/05/2021. The workshop was organized with the theme of Each One Reach One to help and support community.
- An online 15 Days Certificate Course on “Solid and Hazardous Waste Management” was carried out in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt of India from 11May-25 May 2021 in which 110 students from various streams got registered.