Mr. Tajinder Singh
Ms. Zeenat Madan
Dr. Satbir Singh
- An online seminar on World Population Day was organized on 11/07/2020 in which 35 volunteers participated. In the webinar various deleterious effects of increasing population were discussed.
- World Nature Conservation Day was celebrated in collaboration with Zila Yuva Vikas Sanghthan on 28/07/2020. The campaign One Student One Tree was organized in which plantation was encouraged to nurture the nature. 135 participants from the state participated in this campaign.
- Independence Day was observed on 15/08/2020 in the college campus. 25 volunteers participated in parade and plantation was carried out in the campus.
- Sadbhavna Diwas was observed on 20/08/2020. The main activities were the distribution of masks, sanitizers in the rural areas.40 volunteers actively took part in this campaign to fight against Corona.
- On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, 02/10/2020, various activities were organized in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt of India. Webinar on “Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi” was organized in which Prof. Shatrughan Bhardwaj, Senior Faculty, MGNCRE, MHRD was the resource person. Stationery items were distributed by the volunteers to the needy children of their area. Total 58 volunteers took part in this.
- Pledge ceremony was organized on Jan Andolan Campaign on 12/10/2020. Total 65 faculty members took pledge regarding guidelines of COVID.
- Constitution Day of India was celebrated on 26/11/2020 by organizing webinar and taking pledge. 42 volunteers participated in the celebration.
- On 01/ Dec/2020 World AIDS Day was observed. An awareness lecture was organized to aware the volunteers about the causes, symptoms, precautions and treatment of AIDS. Ms. Zeenat Madan, Head, Dept. of Zoology, S. D. College, Ambala Cantt addressed the students.
- A National Webinar on “Solid Waste Management in Rural Areas” was organized on 04/12/2020 in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt. of India. W.G Prasanna Kumar, Chairman, MGNCRE was the Chief Guest. Prof. V.K Garg, Central University Bathinda and Prof. Shatrughan, Senior Faculty, MGNCRE were the resource persons. Total 152 participants all over the nation participated in this webinar.
- National Webinar on “Energy Conservation Practices” was organized in collaboration with HAREDA on occasion of Energy Conservation Day on 14/12/2020. Dr. Hanif Qureshi IPS, Director General, HAREDA was the Chief Guest. Mr. P.P.Mittal, A-Z EnergyEngineers Pvt Ltd was the resource person. 100 participants attended the webinar.
- Road Safety Workshop was organized in collaboration with Sunny Charitable Trust Ambala on 16/12/2020 in which awareness lectures were held and different activities related to road safety were carried out.
- National Webinar on “Pani ki Sanskriti” was organized in collaboration with Power Department (HPUs), Panchkula on 18/12/2020. Dr. Rajender Singh, Waterman of India was the resource person. 120 particpants took part in the webinar.
- Blood Donation Camp was organized on 23/12/2020 in collaboration with Blood Bank, Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt. Samta Sandhu, Social Activist, Chandigarh was the Chief Guest. 70 units of blood were collected. Poster and Slogan Making Competitions on Blood Donation were also held.
- National Webinar on “Understanding Gender Issues in India” was organized in collaboration with Kadam Foundation, Ambala on 29/12/2020. Ms. Namrata Gaur, Member, State Women Commission, Haryana was the Chief Guest. Prof. Savita Singh, Chairperson, School of Gender & Development Studies, IGNOU was the resource person. 115 participants attended the webinar.
- One Day Camp with the theme “Health, Hygiene & Sanitation” was organized on 24/01/2021. 105 volunteers participated in the camp. Cleanliness Drive, Plastic free campus, awareness lecture were the main activities during the camp.
- Road Safety Awareness Week was celebrated. The volunteers carried out a rally on Traffic rules and signs on 24/01/2021 to spread awareness about the road safety.
- Republic Day was observed on 26/01/2021 in which 25 volunteers took part the parade. Plantation was done in the college campus.
- Blood Donation Camp was organized in collaboration with PGIMER, Chandigarh on 18/02/2021. 60 units of blood were collected.
- 10 volunteers distributed the food and other eatables to old persons at Old Age Home, Apna Ghar, Ambala on 18/02/2021. They interacted with the persons and made them comfortable by spending some fun moments with them.
- International Women’s Day was celebrated in collaboration with Vijaylakshmi Foundation, Ambala. 25 volunteers participated in Mahvaari Bhoj to spread awareness about menstruation taboos and myths.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Camp was organized in collaboration with Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt. on 08/04/2021 in college campus. Covishield Vaccine was injected to about 300 persons.
- One Day Workshop on Fire and Disaster Management was organized with the support of Haryana Fire emergency services, Municipal Council, Sadar on 16/04/2021. Teaching and administrative staff of the college along with NSS and YRC volunteers attended the workshop.
- Earth Day was celebrated on 22/04/2021 in collaboration with Eco Roots Foundation, New Delhi. Workshop on Nest Creation and Microgreens was organized. Mr. Rakesh Khatri, Nestman of India was the resource person. 85 students participated in this workshop.
- Webinar on “Food- Health- Planet” was organized in collaboration with Vegan Outreach on 27/04/2021. 80 volunteers participated in this webinar in which the importance of vegan diet was discussed.
- Webinar on “COVID-19, Vaccines and Safety Considerations” was organized on 07/05/2021 under Awareness Campaign against COVID-19. Dr. Deepali Verma, Pharmacovigilance Scientist, Astrazeneca, UK. was the resource person. 250 participants attended the webinar and discussed about the vaccination.
- Webinar on “Composting and Vermicomposting” was organised on 17/05/2021 in which 152 participants took part. Prof. S.S Hundal, Dept. of Zoology, P.A.U, Ludhiana was the resource person who discussed in detail about the methods of vermicomposting.
- An online Workshop on “Psychosocial Counselling and Helper Skills” was organized in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt of India on 24/05/2021. The workshop was organized with the theme of Each One Reach One to help and support community.
- An online 15 Days Certificate Course on “Solid and Hazardous Waste Management” was carried out in collaboration with MGNCRE, MHRD, Govt of India from 11May-25 May 2021 in which 110 students from various streams got registered.
NSS Programme Officers:
Mr. Tajinder Singh
Dr. Gurvinder Singh
Ms. Zeenat Madan
National Service Scheme popularly known as NSS, was launched in Gandhi Centenary year 1969, and aimed at inculcating community service attributes in the students’ personality. The overall objective of NSS is service to the society selflessly.
NSS Programme Officers: Mr. Tajinder Singh Dr. Nirvair Singh Ms. Zeenat Madan
|Kartik Bhatnagar||Namdeep Singh||Prakriti Gauri||Kartik Bhatnagar|
|Commander (Boys’)||Deputy Commander (Boys’)||Commander (Girls’)||Deputy Commander (Girls’)|
|B.A. III||B.Sc. (NM) III||B.Com. (OMSP) III||B.Sc. (NM) III|
The college is rendering selfless service to the society not only through academics but also by providing a platform to the students to participate in community service. The NSS volunteers are doing a herculean task under the able guidance of Programme Officers Dr. Nirvair Singh, Mr. Tajinder Singh and Ms. Zeenat Madan. The three NSS units comprising of 300 volunteers have done justice to the motto ‘Not Me, But You.’ The volunteers try to sensitize the society by performing street plays, skits on current and burning issues of the society and also by organizing various socially relevant programmes like Adult Education and Literacy Campaigns, Anti-corruption campaigns, Drug De-Addiction and Prevention Camps, Rallies, Community Services, AIDS Awareness and Prevention Camps, Environment Awareness Camps, Blood Donation Camps, Free Medical Check-up and Health Camps in an effort to alleviate the ills of the society. The NSS volunteers are also provided with an opportunity to participate in National Integration, Adventure, Youth Leadership and Training Camps and One Day Camps held in and around the campus. Various other programmes for the all round development of the students are organized time to time. Highlights of various regular and camping activities:
1. Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) program was held at Village Rollon from 01-Jul-2018 to 15-Jul-2018. 77 NSS volunteers participated in this internship. The internship program included Rally, Nukkad Natak, Cleanliness Drive, Survey, Guest Lectures and various competitions for the students.
2. The Swachh Bharat Pakhwada was observed from 01-Aug-2018 to 15-Aug-2018. 80 NSS volunteers actively participated in the Swachhta Rally, Cleanliness Drives in and outside the college campus, Plantation Drive and rural upliftment programs.
3. A One Day NSS Camp was held in the college campus on 5-Aug-2018. 85 NSS volunteers participated in the Awareness Rally, Tree Plantation, Cleanliness of the Campus and Installation of Dustbins.
4. A One Day NSS Camp was held in the Central Grain Market, Village Morha on 27-Aug-2018. 103 NSS volunteers participated in this camp.
5. The ASER Survey was conducted in District Ambala from 14-Sep-2018 to 19-Sep-2018. 60 NSS volunteers carried out the survey.
6. The Oath Taking Ceremony of the NSS volunteers was held on 20-Sep-2018 in the Seminar Hall of the college. 150 NSS volunteers joined the Oath Taking Ceremony and 14 NSS volunteers were inducted as the office bearers.
7. The NSS Day was celebrated on 24-Sep-2018. 5 active volunteers participated in the events at Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
8. The NSS Unit of our college was conferred with the best NSS Unit in the State Level Award Function held at Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
9. A Mega Blood Donation Camp was organized by the NSS unit of the college in collaboration with PGI,. Chandigarh in the college auditorium on 24-Sep-2018. 110 volunteers actively participated in the camp.
10. Namdeep Singh, Deputy Commander of the NSS Unit volunteered by aiding a blind student in his examination in the DRM office on 29-Oct-2018.
11. The first round of the Road Safety Quiz was conducted by the Haryana Police at the Farooka Khalsa School, Ambala Cantt on 13-Nov-2018. 5 NSS volunteers participated in the quiz.
12. NSS volunteers attended a seminar and a Training Programme on World Aids Day on 1-Dec-2019 at Community Centre, Sec. 10, Ambala City.
13. The final round of the Road Safety Quiz was conducted by the Haryana Police at the Police DAV, School, Ambala City on 18-Dec-2018. NSS volunteers participated in the quiz.
14. The Road Safety Rally in collaboration with the Sunny Ahluwalia Charitable Foundation took place on 21-Dec-2018 in Ambala City. 30 NSS volunteers led the rally successfully.
15. 7 Day and Night NSS Camp was held at village Rollon, Ambala Cantt from 26-Dec-2018 to 01-Jan-2019. 95 NSS volunteers actively participated in the awareness programs like Rally, Nukkad Naatak, Surveys, Door-to-Door interaction. Cleanliness and Plantation Drives were conducted in the village.
16. The National Voter’s Day Celebration in the Police Line Auditorium, Ambala City was on 25-Jan-2019. 10 NSS volunteers performed a Nukkad Natak making the people aware about the importance of Voter I D Cards.
17. 20 NSS volunteers marched in the Republic Day Parade on 26-Jan-2019. The parade was held in the college ground.
18. NSS volunteers have been regularly giving their services in the Roti Bank at Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt since Jan-2019.
19. The Shehri Samridhi Utsav was celebrated on 06-Feb-2019 at Apna Ghar, Ambala Cantt. 5 NSS volunteers surveyed the people of Apna Ghar, under the supervision of the Municipal Corporation of Ambala.
20. The Sunny Ahluwalia Charitable Foundation organized a Prize Distribution Ceremony on 07-Feb-2019 at P.K.R. Jain College, Ambala City. 11 NSS volunteers managed the event and were also honored with medals. The principal of our college, Dr. Rajinder Singh was also honored.
21. Shradhanjali Sabha was organized on 15-Feb-2019 at Shaheedi Samarak, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt by all NSS volunteers to commemorate and pay homage to the martyred soldiers of Pulwama Blast.
22. Cleanliness Drive of NSS Office and other nearby areas was carried on 24-Feb-2018.
23. 10 NSS volunteers performed a Nukkad Natak in the Saras Mela held at Gandhi Ground, Ambala Cantt on 27-Feb-2019.
24. 3 NSS Volunteers of the college participated in the Inter-College Quiz Competition held at Chandigarh on 2-Mar-2019.
25. A One Day NSS Camp was organized in the college campus on 03-Mar-2019. Awareness Rally, Cleanliness Drives, Sanitation Programs and Plantation Drives were organized under the theme “Swachhta hi Sewa hai”. 100 volunteers participated in this camp. A Socio-Economic Survey of the Artisans and Stall owners was conducted in Saras Mela held at Gandhi ground, Ambala Cantt.
26. A motivational lecture by H.K. Bhardwaj, Director, NGO “Paryavaran, Paani and Policing” was organized on the topic “Water Conservation Practices” on 06-Mar-2019.
27. An extension lecture by Dr. R.P. Malyevar, Former Head, Department of Zoology, KUK and Dr. Mani Ram, Former Head, Department of Zoology, G.M.N. College, Ambala Cantt was organized on the topic “Environmental Issues” on 07-Mar-2019.
28. To preserve and upkeep of the Memorials, Cleanliness Drive of the Historical Memorials of Ambala was carried out by the NSS volunteers on 08-Mar-2019.
29. Skit on “Women Empowerment” was performed by NSS volunteers on 09-Mar-2019 on the occasion of Women’s Day.
30. The NSS volunteers rendered their selfless service for Pulse Polio Programme on 10-Mar-2019.
31. Waste Segregation Campaign under the theme “My Waste, My Responsibility” was organized in the college campus on 13-Mar-2019. 25 NSS volunteers participated in the campaign. Segregation of Waste was done and 30 colour coded dustbins were installed in the campus.
32. Extension lecture by Dr. K.S. Khera, Prof., Department of Zoology, PAU Ludhiana, on “Uniqueness of Indian Wildlife and its Conservation” was organized on 14-Mar-2019.
33. Hemoglobin and Blood Group Testing Camp for girl students of the College was organized on 26-Mar-2019.
34. A Mini Blood Donation was organised on 28-Mar-2019 in collaboration with Lions Club, Ambala.
NSS Programme Officers:
Dr. Roshan Lal
Dr. Nirvair Singh
Ms. Kavleen Bharej
Activities organized in Session 2017-18
|S. No.||Date of activity||Name of activity||Participants|
|1||24-Jul-2017 to 31-Jul-2017||Enrollment Drive||300|
|2||02-Aug-2017||Oath Taking of Swachhta Pakhwada-Aug-2017||300|
|3||03-Aug-2017 to 05-Aug-2017||Campus Cleanliness Drive||226|
|4||06-Aug-2017||One Day Camp (College Campus)||300|
|5||08-Aug-2017||One Day Camp at Naggal Village||146|
|6||09-Aug-2017||Door to door Cleanliness Campaign ( Naggal Village)||146|
|7||11-Aug-2017||Visit to Sanatan Dharma Institute for Blind, Ambala Cantt||66|
|8||12-Aug-2017||Cleanliness Drive, Bus Stand (Ambala Cantt)||75|
|9||13-Aug-2017||‘One Day Camp’ (Cleanliness of Campus and Poster Making Contest)||250|
|10||14-Aug-2017||Dissemination of Lunch and Dinner to the patients of
Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt
|11||14-Aug-2017||Rally on ‘Cleanliness’ at Naggal Village and nearby market areas.||135|
|12||15-Aug-2017||Independence Day Celebration||233|
|13||18-Sep-2017||One day workshop on “Disaster Management” by Mr. Jatinder Singh, Department of
Revenue and Disaster Management, Government of Haryana, Mr. Sanjeev Kumar (Commander), HIPA Gurugram
|14||20-Sep-2017||Blood Donation Camp at Saha Volunteers||5|
|15||21-Sep-2017||One Day Camp in the college campus||232|
|16||22-Sep-2017||Selection for Pre RD Parade, KUK Priyanka B.A (Eng Hons)-III, Nikita B.A (Eng Hons)-III
Vipin B.Sc (Biotech)-III got selected
|17||30-Sep-2017||Inter College Essay Writing Competition at DAV College, Karnal Shobha B.Com (Gen)-III got Third position|
|18||08-Oct-2017||Oath Taking and Badge Ceremony||100|
|19||09-Oct-2017||Rally on “Rakt Daan Karke Dekho, Achha Lagta Hai” at College, Naggal Village 100 and Nearby areas|
|20||10-Oct-2017||Anti-cracker and Pollution Free Diwali (Rally) at College, Market
|21||11-Oct-2017||Poster Making and Slogan Writing Competition on Blood Donation and Social Issues
Winners: Rakshita B.Com (Gen) III, Suman B.Com (Gen) III and Pooja B.Com (Gen) II
|22||12-Oct-2017||Documentary Film Viewing on HIV/ AIDS Awareness||80|
|23||13-Oct-2017||Mini Blood Donation Camp ( 75 Units) at Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt||150|
|24||14-Oct-2017||Distribution of Pamphlets and Survey on AIDS in Village Naggal||40|
|25||27-Oct-2017||Earthquake Safety Week, Rally in Ambala Markets||90|
|26||31-Oct-2017||National Unity Day Oath Taking and Celebration||100|
|27||22-Jan-2018 to 28-Jan-2018||NSS Seven Day Camp||117|
|28||23-Jan-2018||First Aid Training by District Disaster Management Authority,
|29||24-Jan-2018||Socio Economic, Aids Awareness, Swachhta Surveys were Conducted at Village Naggal||117|
|30||25-Jan-2018||Soil and Water Sample Collection and Report Generation||50|
|31||26-Jan-2018||Celebration, Nukkad Natak and Rally on Republic Day||117|
|32||27-Jan-2018||Tree Plantation in collaboration with DFO 200 Saplings||200|
|33||28-Jan-2018||Workshop by NGO Zila Yuva Vikas Sanghthan (Ambala City) on Women||117|
|34||27-Feb-2018 to 5-Mar-2018||National level NSS camp at Govt. College, Chacharoli, Yamuna Nagar Saplings||2|
|35||09-Mar-2018||Mega Blood Donation Camp in collaboration with PGI, Chandigarh Saplings||30|
Extension Lectures organised by National Service Scheme (NSS):
|S. No||Date||Topic||Resource Person|
|1||04-Aug-2017||Solid Waste Segregation in Ambala S||uryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|2||06-Aug-2017||How to Achieve Excellence in Life||Dr. Anil Jain, Alumni SD College, Ambala Cantt|
|3||10-Aug-2017||Problems and Solutions Related to Waste Segregation in Ambala.||Suryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|·4||13-Aug-2017||Essentials of Cleanliness and Collaboration Steps to Achieve Success||Mr. R.K. Sharma, President Rotary Club, Ambala|
|5||15-Aug-2017||Swachhta Initiative taken in Past and Present on 15th August||Dr. U.V. Singh & Dr. A.K.
Sharma, Former Professor & Rajeev Chander Sharma, HOD Commerce
|6||14-Oct-2017||Blood Donation and its Positive Effects||Dr. Verinder Bharti, Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt|
|7||22-Jan-2018||Current Scenario of Unemployment and Illiteracy||Dr. Bikram Singh Rana, SLO NSS, Chandigarh|
|8||24-Jan-2018||Future of NSS and Motivational Talk||Dr. Haroop Virk, Dr. Alka Sharma, Dr. Ramesh Madaan|
|9||25-Jan-2018||Roti Bank an NGO Origin and Functions||Mr. Vinay Mehta, Roti Bank, General Secretary|
|10||25-Jan-2018||Awareness about Traffic Rules and Laws||SHO , Ajaib Singh, Mahesh Nagar|
|11||26-Jan-2018||Motivational Talk||Dr. Balesh, Dr. Prem, Dr. Pankaj|
|12||26-Jan-2018||Motivational Talk||Mr. Ravinder Singh, BEO, Ambala|
|13||27-Jan-2018||Motivational Talk||Dr. Joginder|
|14||28-Jan-2018||Information NSS Activities in Haryana||Dr. Dinesh Singh Rana, Coordinator NSS, KUK|
NSS Programme Officers:
Mr. Tajinder Singh
Dr. Nirvair Singh
Ms. Zeenat Madan
|S. No||Date||Topic||Resource Person|
|1.||04-Aug-2017||Solid Waste Segregation in Ambala||Suryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|2.||06-Aug-2017||How to Achieve Excellence in Life||Dr. Anil Jain, Alumni Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt|
|3.||10-Aug-17||Problems and Solutions related to Waste Segregation in Ambala.||Suryakant, OYE Ambala, Mumbai|
|4.||13-Aug-2017||Essentials of Cleanliness and Collaboration steps to achieve success||Mr. R.K. Sharma, President Rotary Club, Ambala|
|5.||15-Aug-2017||Swachhta Initiative taken in past and present on 15th August||Dr. U.V. Singh & Dr. A.K. Sharma, Former Professor& Rajeev Chander Sharma, HOD Commerce, Sanatan Dharma College.|
|6.||14-Oct-2017||Blood Donation and its Positive Effects||Dr. Verinder Bharti, Civil Hospital, Ambala Cantt|
|7.||22-Jan-2018||Current Scenario of Unemployment and Illiteracy||Dr. Bikram Singh Rana, SLO, NSS, Chandigarh|
|8.||24-Jan-2018||Future of NSS and Motivational Talk||Dr. HaroopVirk, Dr. Alka Sharma, Dr. Ramesh Madaan|
|9.||25-Jan-2018||Roti Bank an NGO Origin and Functions||Mr. Vinay Mehta, Roti Bank, General Secretary|
|10.||25-Jan-2018||Awareness about Traffic Rules and Laws||SHO , Ajaib Singh, Mahesh Nagar|
|11.||26-Jan-18||Motivational Talk||Dr. Balesh, Dr. Prem, Dr. Pankaj|
|12.||26-Jan-2018||Motivational Talk||Mr. Ravinder Singh, BEO, Ambala.|
|13.||27-Jan-2018||Motivational Talk||Dr. Joginder|
|14.||28-Jan-2018||Information on NSS Activities in Haryana||Dr. Dinesh Singh Rana, Coordinator NSS, KUK|
- Mr. Pankaj Verma
- Dr. Harvinder Kaur
- Dr. Joginder Rohilla
Details of Guest Lectures:
|S. No||Date||Topic||Resource Person|
|1.||08-Jan-2017||Motivational Lecture||Dr. U.V. Singh (Former HoD, History Dept. Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|2.||08-Jan-2017||Women Empowerment||Dr. A. K. Sharma (Dept. of Commerce, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|3.||09-Jan-2017||Importance of NSS in Our Life||
Dr. Desh Bandhu (Former Principal Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.)
|4.||09-Jan-2017||About Sanatan Dharma||Dr. Balesh Kumar (Librarian, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|5.||10-Jan-2017||Environment Conservation||Dr. Sumit Chhiber (Asst. Prof. Dept. of Botany, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|6.||10-Jan-2017||Meaning of NSS||Dr. N. K. Sharma (Former Head, Dept. of Hindi, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|7.||10-Jan-2017||Communication Skills||Dr. Sonika Sethi (Asst. Prof., English Dept., Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt)|
|8.||10-Jan-2017||Cashless India||Ms. Gurpreet and Ms. Swati (P.O. in Bank of Baroda, Ambala Cantt.)|
|9.||11-Jan-2017||Motivational Talk||Dr. Sushil Kansal (HoD Dept. of English, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.)|
|10.||11-Jan-2017||Tree Plantation||Mr. Rajinder Vij (Social Worker, Ambala Cantt.)|
|11.||11-Jan-2017||First Aid Training||Mr. Manoj and Mr. Harmesh (Trainers Red Cross)|