Once you have experienced excellence, you will never again be content with mediocrity —Thomas S. MonsonInternal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposed that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. Consequently, in consonance with the guidelines issued by UGC and NAAC, the college established its IQAC on 05-Mar-2009. The prime tasks of the IQAC are
- 1. To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institution.
- 2. To channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence
- 1. The IQAC is responsible for setting standards of academic excellence
- 2. It encourages teachers to switch-over to an environment of ICT based Teaching-Learning Process
- 3. It conducts Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) to enrich Human Resource
- 4. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- 5. Documentation of various programs/activities leading to quality improvement
- 6. Acts as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- 7. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- 8. Ensures adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services