- About CGC
- Activities 2019-2020
- Activities 2017-2018
- Previous Year Activities
- News Letters
- Higher Education and Career Opportunities
- Job Alerts
The cut throat competition at all levels in the job market demands a support system that enables the students of an institution not only the attainment of academic excellence but to find a comfortable placement in life.
CGC of Sanatan Dharma College plays a crucial role in guiding the students to various openings suitable to their competency, economic resources and personal choices. Since the student intake is from different social, economic and academic backgrounds, the students require well planned and organized career counselling at the institutional level for their career progression.
We facilitate students for goal settings, positive interaction, multiple intelligence, self awareness, IQ, EQ, leadership qualities, inter personal and intrapersonal relationships. We motivate and encourage students for interaction, articulation and exploration. We engage students in activities to realise their interest areas, aspirations and pursue them as a career.
The Career Guidance Cell (CGC) of the college is a dynamic body functioning to provide wholesome development to the students. The cell works under the guidance of CGC officers who are seasoned academicians and professionals. The Principal and all faculty members extend their wholehearted support to the functioning of the unit.
Let’s Know CGC ….
What do we do ….
Bridging the Gap between Education & Employment
Salient Features :
Convener: Dr. Alka Sharma
|Date||Name of Activity||Resource Persons||Target Audience|
|1. 12-Jun-2019||Workshop on “Personality Enhancement”||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, Trainer, Gurukul Drona, Ludhiana||Administrative and Library Staff|
|2. 18-Jul-2019||Orientation Programme||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, Trainer, Gurukul Drona, Ludhiana||Faculty Members, All First year students|
|3. Jul-2019||Regular Classes of Personality Development Course||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, Ms. Jyoti Sharma, Ms. Sahiba, Ms. Pushpinder||All IInd year and IIIrd year students|
|4. 25-Jul-2019||Lecture on “ Career Opportunities”||Ms. Arti, Asst. Prof. in Electronics, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.||B.Sc IT|
|5. 22-Aug-2019||Seminar on “Personality Development”||Ms. Ruchika, MEDHA(NGO)||B.A I,II,III|
|6. 09-Aug-2019 & 10-Aug-2019||Lecture on “ Career Opportunities for Biology Students”||Ms. Zeenat Madan, Asst. Prof. in Zoology, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.||B.Sc Med & Biotech|
|7. 27-Aug-2019 & 28-Aug-2019||Lecture on “ Career Opportunities & Job Options”||Ms. Ruchi, Asst. Prof. in Computer Science, Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.||B.Sc, C.Sc.|
|8. 29-Aug-2019 & 30-Aug-2019||Workshop on “Mentorship”||Mr. Vikas Sethi||Faculty Members from Arts & Commerce|
|9. 05-Sep-2019 & 06-Sep-2019||Workshop on “Mentorship”||Mr. Vikas Sethi||Faculty Members From Science|
|10. Oct & Nov, 2019||Training Classes for UGC NET||Bulls Eyes||All Students|
|11. 17-Dec-2019 & 18-Dec-2019||Workshop on “Education 2020 and Beyond”||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, trainer, Gurukul Drona, Ludhiana||All Faculty Members|
|12. January 2020 (Every Wednesday)||Workshop on “Professional & Personal Etiquettes”||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, trainer, Gurukul Drona, Ludhiana||Final Year Students|
|13. 29-Jan-2020, 05-Feb-2020,12-Feb-2020, 19-Feb-2020 & 26-Feb-2020||Workshop on “ Interview Skills”||Mr. Narender Aggarwal, trainer, Gurukul Drona, Ludhiana||Final Year Students|
|14. 22-Feb-2020||“Presentation Skills Competition”||CGC||All Students|
|15. 02-Mar-2020||Competition “Speak your Mind”||CGC||All Students|
|16. March, 2020||Competition “Thinking out of Box”||CGC||All Students|
Value added courses being run by Career Guidance Cell of the college:
1. Public speaking and Presentation Skills Certificate Course – 30 hrs
2. Impromptu Speaking and Stage Management Certificate Course – 30 hrs
3. Video Reporting, Radio Jockeying and Voice Editing Certificate Course – 40 hrs
4. Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Group Discussion, Certificate Course – 30 hrs
5. Newsroom Operational Certificate Course – 30 hrs
6. Power Point Presentation Skills Certificate Course – 30 hrs
7. Web Designing using PHP, SQL and Wood Press 40 hrs
8. A one week workshops for administration staff on ‘Computer Skills’ from Dec. 01-07, 2018 was organized by Career Guidance Cell.
Seminars/Guest Lectures/Motivational Talk
1) Lecture on Career Opportunities & Job Options by Ms. Heena, Asst. Prof., Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt on 03-Feb-2018, 17-Feb-2018 & 19-Feb-2018.
2) Lecture on Career Opportunities by Ms. Harleen Kaur, Asst. Prof., Santan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt on 08-Feb-2018 & 13-Feb-2018 for students of B.Sc. IT.
3) Lecture on Career Opportunities by Ms. Arti, Asst. Prof., Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt on 13-Sep-2017 & 09-Jan-2018 for students of B.A-I.
4) Lecture on Career Opportunities by Ms. Zeenat, Asst. Prof., Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt on 05-Feb-2018 & 09-Feb-2018 for the students of B.Sc. (Medical and Biotechnology).
5) Lecture on Career opportunities by Dr. Rajni, Asst. Prof. and Dr. Gulshan, Asst. Prof., Sanatan Dharma College on 19-Feb-2018 & 20-Feb-2018 for B.Sc III and on 23-Feb-2018 & 24-Feb-2018 for B. Sc II Non Medical .
6) Seminar on Aviation, Hospitality, Tour & Travel Industry by Ms. Pooja Karodia, Frankfinn on 14-Sep-2017 for Arts & Commerce students.
7) Seminar on Banking, SSC and other related careers by Mr.Parth, IBS, Chandigarh on 15-Sep-2017 for B.A & B.Com Students.
8) Seminar on “Liberal Studies” by Garima Shekhar, Ashoka University, Sonepat on 06-Feb-2018 for final year students.
9) Motivational talk on “Opportunity to be a Topper” by Dr. Harish Sharma, Director, Centre for Psychometrics & Brain Intelligence, Chandigarh on 13-02-2018.
1. “Soft Skill Development” by Mr. Narender Aggarwal from 5-Jul-2017 & 20-Jul-2017 for B.Voc Students (Software Development & Business Processing outsourcing).
2) Orientation & Personality Development Programme for all first year students from 21-Aug-2017 & 23-Aug-2017 “Interview Skills” by Vikas Sethi, Professional & then on 19-Sep-2017 for Commerce students.
3) “Effective Communication Skills” by Mr. Rajiv Markandey, Bulls Eye, Chandigarh on 06-Oct-2017 for final year students.
4) “Stress Management” by Dr. Suman Kapila, Senior Scientist, Dept. of Biochemistry, NDRI, Karnal on 08-Feb-2018 for administrative staff.
5) “How to Make Effective PowerPoint Presentations” by Mr. Pawan Mehta, Chitkara University, Chandigarh on 13-Mar-2018
CGC Professional Training Programs
• Bank Coaching by Trainers from T.I.M.E. Institute from July- August,2017 & January- March 2018
for Students of Science and Commerce Stream.
• Coaching for UGC-NET Preparation by faculty members of the college and Ms. Risha Kamal, Mr. Utkal
Verma from T.I.M.E. Institute on July- August, 2017 & January- March, 2018 for students of PG
• Soft Skills & Personality Development Programme by Mr. Parveen Sharma, Uniskills School of Skill
Development from August-October, 2017.
Dr. Alka Sharma (Convenor)
Dr. J.D. Chauhan (Co-convenor)
|Sr. No||Date||Event||Organized By||Guest/Resource Person (If any)||Topic||Organized at||Attended by|
|1.||Aug-2015||Personality Development Programme for students||CGC||Dr. Joy Sidhu|
Dr. Meera Sharma
|Personality Development And Soft Skills||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||All CGC Students|
|2.||Aug-2015||Training Programme For final year students||CGC||Trainers from LEAP skill academy||Skill Development for Employment in different sectors||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||Final Year Students|
|3.||Sep-2015||Personality Development Programme for Teachers||CGC||Dr. Joy Sidhu|
Dr. Meera Sharma
|Personality Development and Soft Skills||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||Faculty members of the college|
|4.||Sep-2015||Personality Development Programme for Non-Teaching Staff||CGC||Dr. Joy Sidhu|
Dr. Meera Sharma
|Personality Development And Soft Skills||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||Administrative staff of the college|
|5.||Sep-2015||Medical Representative Training||CGC||Trainers from FOCAL Skills||Medical Representative Training||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||Students of B.Sc (Medical)|
|6.||Sep-2015||Tally Training for commerce students||CGC||Trainers From MGM Education||Tally Training||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||Students of Commerce|
|7.||19 & 20-Oct-2015||Two Day workshop||CGC||Parveen Sharma from Amity University||Interview Skills||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||All CGC Students|
|8.||21-Oct-2015||Guest lecture||CGC||Sameer Aneja Regional Head ICICI bank||Career Opportunity in Banking||Sanatan Dharma College Campus||All CGC Students|
|9.||29 & 31- Dec-2015||A workshop of three days for students|
Click here to download report
|CGC||Mr. Parveen Kumar Sharma||Placement Preparation|
Click here to download report
|Sanatan Dharma College Campus||40 Students|