The College has a state-of-the-art library, equipped with most modern facilities and
infrastructure. The library has a rich collection of books and other reading materials in print and
electronic format. Present collection of books is more than 60000 besides the 10000+ textbooks
in Book Bank and subscription to 80 journals & magazines and 23 newspapers in different
languages and old volumes of periodicals.
The E-Resource Center setup within the library has 40 computers with Wi-Fi Internet facility and two 6 KVA online UPS to provide uninterrupted power supply. The center provides access to a large number of e-resources subscribed by the college through the below listed academic e- resource providers:
- N-LIST/-INFLIBNET E-Resources (College component of E-shodhsindhu consortium)
- DELNET (Developing Library Network), New Delhi
- Perpetual access to e-textbooks and e-journals from the below listed reputed e-resource providers:
- Pearson E-Library
- McGraw-Hill Express Library
- Sage e-Text and Sage e-Journals
- Collection of more than 800 CDs & DVDs of educational contents.
In addition to the above library facilitate access to various Open Educational E-Resources like
NDLI, E-PG Pathshala, DOAJ, CEC, SWAYAM, NPTEL and Spoken Tutorials etc. The library
has also created a digital archive of newspaper clippings and university examination question
The library is fully automated with the application of cloud based reputed open source LMS ‘KOHA’. The Web-OPAC enables the users to access the library database anywhere anytime. Two touch screen e-Kiosks also have been installed in the library for OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The Library also provides training and apprenticeship to the students of Library & Information Science Courses.
The library has a seating capacity of around 300 readers at a time. The reading rooms of the library are air-conditioned and fitted with LED lights to provide a more congenial atmosphere to the readers. The faculty lounge in the library provides the teachers comfortable seating and reading facility. The well stocked Reference Room with the latest reference sources facilitates the teachers to undertake various research projects.
Library has open access system that allows the students an easy access to the books and other reading materials housed in the library. A very attractive Wall Mounting Shelving System has also been adopted in the library to create more storage and reading space. All the books are organized on the shelves in the classified order of Dewey decimal classification Scheme. Well qualified and professionally trained staff has been deputed to provide reference and bibliographical services to the users. Computational, printing, Xerox and lamination facilities are also available for the students and teachers. 17 IP CC TV cameras have been installed in the library to have a more effective surveillance system.
- 1.A two days Library Orientation Program for the newly admitted students was organized on 19 & 20-Jul-2018 to enable them to use library facility effectively.
- 2.Three days training program/ workshops were also organized on 30-Oct-2018, 02-Nov-2018 and 03-Nov-2018 for the students on “Using of Web-OPAC and E-resources” for ﬁnding the study materials.
- 3. A visit of teachers to “New Delhi World Books Fair” was organized on 10-Jan-2019 to select and purchase the books for the library.
- 4. A Books Exhibition by the Pearson India Education was organized in the College on 06-Feb-2019. The faculty and students of the college visited the book exhibition and selected the books for the Library.
- 5. Two workshops on “Intellectual Property Rights and Plagiarism” were organized for the college teachers on 10-Dec-2018 and 17-Feb-2019 in which professional experts and academicians conducted the technical sessions.