Library has a rich collection of books, journals, magazines and e-resources. Library collection is classified with Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. Library has open access to the collection.
The College has a state-of-the-art library, equipped with most modern facilities. The infrastructure of the library includes: 24 Computer systems, 3 laser Printers with Internet facility and two Computerized Kiosks have been installed in the library for OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The Library has access to a large number of e-resources (E-books and E-Journals) through N-LIST program of UGC-INFLIBNET. It has a seating capacity of 250 readers. Open access system for both post graduate as well as under graduate students allows easy access of books. Photostat and lamination facilities are also available for students and teachers. The Library subscribes 85 printed periodicals (Journals & Magazines) and 25 Newspapers costing around 1.00 Lac. Library also provides training/apprenticeship to the students of Library & Information Science Courses. This year also 03 Students are undergoing the professional training. Book Bank facility is extended to needy and meritorious students and at present 683 students are taking beneﬁts of the same. More than 35000 Books have been issued and consulted by the students and staff in the current academic session. Library functions and operations are automated with the reputed ‘Open Sources Library Management Software: KOHA’. Library users have access to the library database through Web-OPAC on the college intranet. CC TV has been installed in the Library to have a more effective surveillance system. Air-conditioning, computational and internet facilities have been provided in the reading room to make the atmosphere more congenial. Library has a well maintained air-conditioned reading room and exclusive reading section for the PG students. A very attractive Wall Mounting Shelving System has been adopted in the library to create more storage and reading space. More than 3000 books costing Rs. 8.50 lacs have been added in the library in addition to the 37 e-text books costing Rs. 2.30 lacs have been added in the current session. All the books are classiﬁed and are organized on the shelves in the order of Dewey decimal classiﬁcation Scheme.
- 1.A two days Library Orientation Program for the newly admitted students was organized on 19 & 20-Jul-2018 to enable them to use library facility effectively.
- 2.Three days training program/ workshops were also organized on 30-Oct-2018, 02-Nov-2018 and 03-Nov-2018 for the students on “Using of Web-OPAC and E-resources” for ﬁnding the study materials.
- 3. A visit of teachers to “New Delhi World Books Fair” was organized on 10-Jan-2019 to select and purchase the books for the library.
- 4. A Books Exhibition by the Pearson India Education was organized in the College on 06-Feb-2019. The faculty and students of the college visited the book exhibition and selected the books for the Library.
- 5. Two workshops on “Intellectual Property Rights and Plagiarism” were organized for the college teachers on 10-Dec-2018 and 17-Feb-2019 in which professional experts and academicians conducted the technical sessions.