Name: Dr. Rajinder Singh
Designation: Principal, Sanatan Dharma College
DOJ: September 18, 1987 (Lecturer, Electronics)/ May 01, 2015 (Principal)
Address: 25, Tagore Garden, Ambala Cantt, Haryana.
E mail:[email protected]
Under the dynamic leadership of Dr. Singh, Sanatan Dharma College was awarded “A+” Grade with a CGPA of 3.51 out of 4 in the 3rd cycle of Accreditation by the NAAC, Bengaluru. The college became the first institution in Haryana to achieve this feat.
Dr. Rajinder Singh joined as the 16th Principal of the College on May 01, 2015.
Gold Medalist in M.Sc. Physics and M. Phil. He completed his Ph.D. from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
Area of Specialization
Solid State Physics & Semiconductor Electronics
As Principal of Sanatan Dharma College, Dr. Singh has achieved the following targets:
- “A+” Grade with CGPA 3.51 in the 3rd cycle of Accreditation by NAAC.
- College awarded grant under DDU Kaushal Kendra scheme.
- The College developed its customized ERP software, College Information Management System (CIMS).
- 110 kW Solar Power Plant installed in the campus thus making the college self-sufficient in power.
- More than 500 placements were attained in top MNCs.
- Regular upgradation of the ICT facilities.
- 8 Water recharge wells were created for rainwater harvesting, making the campus a Zero Water Wastage Campus.
- Vermicomposting has been done in the college to make it a Zero Waste Campus.
Awards & Nominations
At present, Dr. Singh holds key positions in various academic & social bodies and his achievements include-
- Awarded First Prize for Energy Conservation by Haryana Renewable Energy Development Authority (HREDA).
- Awarded Haryana Youth Red Cross Shield by His Excellency, Governor of Haryana, Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki.
- Nominated by His Excellency, Honourable Governor of Haryana as Member, State Red Cross Sub-committee for a period of three years (2020-23).
- Nominated by the University Grants Commission as Nominee, External Peer Review Committee.
- Nominated by the University Grants Commission as Member, Advisory Committee of Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar under the “College with Potential for Excellence” scheme.
- Nominated by the University Grants Commission as Member, Inspection Committee of IGNOU, Delhi.
- Nominated by His Excellency, Honourable Governor of Haryana as Member, Committee for Recommendation of Regulations & Guidelines on Qualifications for the appointment of teachers and other academic staff in Universities and Colleges and to suggest measures for maintenance of standards in Higher Education as per UGC-MHRD norms.
- Nominated as Member, Common Weightage Pattern in Affiliating Universities at UG levels by DGHE, Haryana and as Member, Centralized Online Admission in the colleges of the state.
- Nominated by Director General Higher Education, Haryana as Member, Centralized Online Admission in all Colleges of the State.
- Nominated by Vice Chancellor, KUK as Member, Committee for the Introduction of Bachelor of Vocational Courses launched by AICTE, New Delhi for Technical colleges/institutions.
- Member, Committee for Drafting of the State Higher Education Plan for Haryana on the theme “Opportunities for Technology Enabled Learning”.
- Nominated by Director Higher Education, Haryana as Nodal Officer, District Ambala on New Education Policy.
- Nominated by Vice Chancellor, KUK as Member, Examination Reforms Committee.
- Nominated by the Dept. of Cultural & Youth Affairs, KUK as Member, Jury of Zonal Youth Festival for Yamunanagar &Kurukshetra Zone.
- Nominated by District Commissioner, Ambala as Executive Member, District Red Cross, Ambala.
- Brand Ambassador, Swachh Ambala Abhiyan
- Member Court, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (2017-19)
- Member, Cultural Council of KUK
- Member, Executive Youth Red Cross Committee, KUK
- Member, Executive Youth Red Cross Committee, Ambala
- Nominated by Vice Chancellor as a member of team of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra to present 7th Pay Review Committee of UGC at Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- President, Sports Council, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (2016-17).
- Nominated by Vice Chancellor, KUK as Member, Appellate Committee. (2016-17).
- Edited four books
- Presented and published numerous Research papers in National and International Journals.
- Organized and participated in various National & State level Electronic Science Conventions
- Member, Indian Society of Radiation Biology
- Member, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA),
- Member, Haryana Electronics Teachers’ Association.
- Member, Indian Society for Technical Education and Vigyan Bharti, Haryana.