Convener: Dr. Sushil Kumar
Keeping the idea of service quality at its core, the IQAC aims to develop a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards creation, sustenance, and enhancement of quality through better decision making, greater coordination amongst the constituents of College, and enhanced communication with stakeholders. The IQAC is developing parameters for excellence and a process of monitoring in all the areas. It is setting up various feedback mechanisms related to the College.
Following events were organised by the cell:
1.Organized One day National Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights: Emerging Issues and Challenges” sponsored by DGHE, Haryana in collaboration with Central Library, Sanatan Dharma College Ambala Cantt on 25-Jan-2020 at Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.
2.Organized One day Seminar on “Environmental Issues: Threats and Mitigation” in collaboration with NSS & Energy Management Cell D, Ambala Cantt on 14-Feb-2020 at Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.
3.Coordinated re-designing, collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders for design and review of the curriculum for the session.
4.Facilitated establishment of Sanatan Dharma College as SWAYAM Local Chapter on 04-Oct-2019.
5.Coordinated enrollment of 44 faculty members of Computer Science, Commerce and Chemistry and one librarian in online refresher course on ARPIT-SWAYAM platform-initiative of Government of India from Sep-2019 to Dec-2019.
6.Facilitated signing of 36 Functional Memorandum of understanding with industry and institutions of high eminence.
7.Conducted Internal Academic and Administrative audit for the session 2019-20 in the month of February to identify areas of improvement and chalked out the action plan for the session 2020-21.
8.Conducted 15 meetings comprising members of IQAC and various cell to chalk out the action plan for quality improvements in various areas of curriculum planning & delivery, Teaching learning processes, Research, Extensions , Infrastructure , Student support services , Governance & administration and human values development.
9.Conducted Energy Audit of the college in association with Energy Management Cell for the analysis of energy utilization and assessment of energy conservative measures adopted and identiﬁcation of corrective measures to be taken for further improvements.
10.Conducted Green Audit in association with Environment Cell to design the framework of Environment Sustainability in compliance with the applicable national policies.
11.Conducted External Academic and Administrative audit for the evaluation of institutional processes to enhance the quality of education.
12.Submitted the Institutional information on All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) portal on 27-Feb.
13.IQAC submitted the institutional data for participation in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), India Rankings 2020 in Nov-2019.
14.Following the mission of UGC to enable all non-accredited higher education institutions to get accredited by 2022, IQAC has started mentoring Nine Government & Aided Colleges for the NAAC Accreditation process under the UGC Scheme of “PARAMARSH” for Mentoring NAAC Accreditation Aspirant Institutions to promote Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
Convener: Dr. Sushil Kumar
Qualitative Initiatives by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC):
1. Financial Audit for the session 2017-2018 was conducted in the month of May-2018 to review the balance sheet and plan out the budget for the Session 2018-2019.
2. 7 Informal and 3 formal meetings of Internal Quality Cell under the chairman ship of Head of the institution, Dr. Rajinder Singh were held in the month of Nov & Dec-2018 to have brainstorming sessions on Revised Accreditation Framework for the better understanding of 7 Criteria, 32 Key Indicators, 121 Qualitative & Quantitative metrics and their importance in the order of weightage to chalk out the action plan for the coming session.
3. IQAC applied for National Institutional Ranking framework 2019 approved by MHRD for the ranking of our institution across the country in Nov-2018.
4. IQAC in association with Central Library of the College organized One Day Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights and Plagiarism” on 17-Feb-2019 under the financial assistance of UGC Scheme of “College with Potential for Excellence”, Phase- II for the faculty of Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt. The faculty was on treat as three eminent personalities Dr. Naresh Vats, Registrar and Professor of Law, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law Patiala, Dr. Rahul Taneja, Scientist, Department of Science and Technology, Haryana. Dr. Priya Rai, Deputy Librarian & Officer In-charges were resource persons of the workshop. They very effectively shared their experiences and gave insightful knowledge about procedure of filing IPR, Challenges and remedies of patent laws, plagiarism ethics, UGC plagiarism regulations and other IPR issues.
5. IQAC facilitated the conduct of one day Workshop on the topic “Awareness and Need of NAAC Assessment and Accreditation of the Colleges” organised by Haryana State Higher Education Council and sponsored by RUSA at Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt. The workshop was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chairman, Haryana State Higher Education Council, Prof. Brij Kishore Kuthiala. Technical Session-I started with the insightful talk on “Revised Assessment and Accreditation Framework” by Prof. Gulshan Lal Taneja, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak which set the tone for one day workshop and emphasized that Quality Assurance is must and therefore quality assessment is to be accepted as a pleasant and productive challenge. Audience was delighted by NAAC Documentary Video and Video Tutorial after the talk. Prof. N. Narasimhamurthy, Dean Faculty of Arts, Bengaluru Central University enlightened the audience with his wonderful presentation on Self Study Report in Technical Session–II. Technical session-II was followed by a panel discussion and interactive session wherein participants from various colleges raised their questions and sought clarification on issues related to logistic fee, Peer team visit, IIQA submission and also shared the problems faced by them in the process of assessment and accreditation by NAAC. The workshop witnessed the presence of 247 principals from the colleges of Haryana.
6. IQAC subscribed for Digital Library in the month of Mar-2019 to be accessed online by the students of the college for 24 hours, 365 days from anywhere at any time.
7. Feedback from the students is collected in the month of Mar-2019 through Online College Information Management System and Action Taken Report is prepared after the analysis of the feedback responses by the feedback committee